MAC offers workshops for beginning, intermediate, and advanced calligraphers taught by local and visiting calligraphic artists. We have had workshops on calligraphic hands, paper treatments (paste paper, collage, folding), color, design, bookmaking, printmaking, and decorative letters, to name only some.
MiniMACs are short, fun, four-hour classes held three or four times a year. We have also sponsored one-, two- and three-day workshops. Extended Studies workshops may take place for a number of weekends over two or more months and offer the opportunity of in-depth study with a particular instructor.
Watch for our occasional Tips and Tricks, which is a day-long session with three two-hour sessions, lunch, and lots from which to choose.
Details for every workshop are announced well in advance including costs, materials lists, location and times, and registration requirements. On-line registration and payment are available for most.
All workshops are available to members and non-members.
- Pop-Up Card Box — May 2oth, taught by Sharon Moehr in Farmington Hills, MI.
- Botanical Art — March 25th & 26th, 2017 taught by Barb Holmer in Pontiac, MI.
- Scrumptious Surfaces — May 6th & 7th, a two-day workshop with Jacqueline Sullivan.
- Peter Thornton — October 6th, 7th, & 8th, 2017.
Upcoming Classes & Events
- Online Classes — Toronto calligrapher Alice Young is offering classes on Skillshare, an on line graphics learning site.
- Beginning Copperplate Calligraphy — April 3rd through June 5th (Omit May 8th & 29th). Taught by Kathy McCreedy in Birmingham, MI.
- Continuing Copperplate Calligraphy — April 5th through May 24th (Omit April 26th). Taught by Vicki Corwin in Birmingham, MI.
- Neuland Letters: Calligraphy with a Punch! — April 11th through May 23rd. Taught by Dale Frankel in Birmingham, MI.
- Retreat — April 21st through April 23rd
- FREE CLASS: A Detailed Look at the Insulard Half-Uncial Alphabet — April, 22nd in Ann Arbor, MI. Taught by Scott Wettlaufer.
- May 8th — TBA – Annual Meeting and Elections