MAC offers workshops for beginning, intermediate, and advanced calligraphers taught by local and visiting calligraphic artists. We have had workshops on calligraphic hands, paper treatments (paste paper, collage, folding), color, design, bookmaking, printmaking, and decorative letters, to name only some.
MiniMACs are short, fun, four-hour classes held three or four times a year. We have also sponsored one-, two- and three-day workshops. Extended Studies workshops may take place for a number of weekends over two or more months and offer the opportunity of in-depth study with a particular instructor.
Watch for our occasional Tips and Tricks, which is a day-long session with three two-hour sessions, lunch, and lots from which to choose.
Details for every workshop are announced well in advance including costs, materials lists, location and times, and registration requirements. On-line registration and payment are available for most.
All workshops are available to members and non-members.
- None at this time.
- Peter Thornton – Beauty & the Beast — October 7th & 8th
- Peter Thornton – Romans! — October 9th
- Calligraphy & Collage? You BET! — December 2nd. Taught by Kathy McCreedy
- Learning Spencerian — March 24th & 25th. Taught by Harvest Crittenden
- Return of Tips & Tricks!!! — April 21st
- Sounding the Inner Landscape — May 19th, 20th, & 21st. Taught by Pamela Paulsrud
Upcoming Classes & Events
- Colored Pencil Workshop — September 23rd. Taught by Barbara Holmer in Birmingham, MI.
- Beginning Copperplate — September 26th – November 14th. Taught by Leah Moss in Roseville/Eastpointe, MI.
- Watercolor Painting Series — September 27th – December 13th. Taught by Sharon Moehr in Birmingham, MI.
- Bookhand Calligraphy — October 3rd – December 5th. Taught by Dale Frankel in Birmingham, MI.
- Calligraphy on Watercolor Workshop — October 5th & 6th. Taught by Barbara Holmer in Jenison, MI.
- Beginning Copperplate — Oct0ber 5th – November 30th. Taught by Kathy McCreedy in Birmingham, MI.
- Colored Pencil Studio — October 14th – November 18th. Taught by Barbara Holmer in Birmingham, MI.
- Continuing Spencerian — November 8th – December 13th. Taught by Vicki Corwin in Birmingham, MI.